Glass Bowl Ceiling Fixture (molded-pressed glass), stamped H. Mouynet. Mouynet House and son* around 1925-1938. The bowl represents a kind of basket of fruits in the geometric spirit of the Art-Deco. Brass nickel-plated and finely painted structure includes three tubular branches fluted with attached buttons inspired by the star of David. Also the ceiling canopy picks up a version very geometric Art Deco harmony of the six branch star. A single (socket bayonet B22) light, this beautiful suspension. The stamped signature on the bowl H. Mouynet is visible on the photos.
* Home Mouynet was founded around 1906 by Pierre Antony Marius Mouynet (Sète, 15 August 1853 – Paris, June 12, 1923), who was first of all a traveler dealer. The first Parisian business address of Marius Mouynet was the numbers 74-76 Street Amelot in the 11th arrondissement as manufacturer bronzes of lighting. The death of its founder, his son Henry Mouynet (Paris, 9 November 1885 – Cannes, February 19, 1969) took over the family business. Henry, had obtained in July 1907, the engineer graduate of the school of Arts and Manufactures in Paris. The company taken over by the Henri will be called subsequently Mouynet and son and will continue the business started by the father at the same address until 1926 by adding to its activity the manufacture of lighting fixtures: gas, electricity and oil. At the beginning of the 1920s, Henri Mouynet and his divorced wife Jeanne Roche buy land to Mr. Orlin located at 11 rue Etienne Marcel extended (today 5 Street Roger Verlomme, 75003() and built in two stages the future new address of the seat of the company. The activity will continue throughout the decade until January 1932, or the widow Mrs. Marius Mouynet and his son Henri will create between them a company has limited liability of a share capital of 640 000 francs for the sale of all lighting gas electricity and oil. The head office is located at 11 extended Etienne Marcel Street and the duration of the company is fixed at 20 years retroactively from October 1, 1931. His one and only Manager will be Henry Mouynet to whom his widowed mother gives him powers plans; the company will be called then widow Mouynet and son. The first financial difficulties began in 1933 and the headquarters of the company is transferred to the 21st Street Mercoeur in the 11th round. Henry Mouynet, causes of mortgage loans that it cannot repay under the conditions provided for in the Credit land of France. The result is a “foreclosure sale” at the ‘House of auctions’. In a “crazy auction”, in 1937, the building costing award to Mr. Chaïm (or Charim), said Henri Markhbein, Jewish french born in Russia, negotiating in glassware. Later the widow Mouynet and son company’s headquarters will be transferred to the 38 street of Alsace in Courbevoie where she will be declared bankrupt in April 1938 and then liquidated.